Summer is still hanging around and we should be glad about it! If this fall and winter are anything like what we had last year, at least as it happened on the East coast, then we’d better enjoy the remnants of summer’s bliss. There’s still plenty of time to keep things bright and fresh during these hot-weathered days. Sip lemonade, suck on a paleta, dip in the pool, swim at the beach and rock pretty shoes. Sure! There’s still plenty of time for all of that. And certainly, don’t go without wearing a pink lip. It does something for the spirit!
To keep things bright(er), adding any pop of color will instantly brighten the mood. You can go super subtle on the makeup, but a lovely hued lip in a any shade pink speaks volumes about your happy place.
I think I’ve tried over 20 different glosses, stained balms and lipticks this summer.
These six are enjoying a rotation on my vanity or front door catch-all. They have a certain something that just works with anything I’m wearing or having going on.
To have a better idea, the swab sheet below gives you really good look at how perfectly pretty each is.
- Clinique’s latest pop of colour sticks are chubby and cute. This Punch Pop color is flirty and effective. PINK! below is colored in this bold hue.
- Not really pink at all, but the seductive matte purplish finish this Lancome stick has is bold (381B). Save it for night time. Or if you’re into a fresh version of Lourde, go for day!
- You can’t go wrong with lippies by Bobbi Brown. This simple gloss in Pink Lily is just that — super soft. It’s a great go-to just to keep your lips moistened. I don’t wear it alone, tho. Too thin.
- Cult classic Urban Decay has a crazy sexy summer collection of cheeks, glosses and sticks I’m totally lusting over. This high-colour lip gloss, appropriately dubbed Scandal has some serious bubble gum effect!
- If you want some serious stay-on effect, go for L’Oreal’s Infallible Pro Last Lip Color duo gloss in Toudor’s Teaberry. It’s a really pretty pink and will stay on like white on rice. The the other end will give you some shine and highly recommended. Only first, I top with with a Champagne gloss from the same collection. Smashing combo. Do know it’s not going anywhere. Don’t let the gloss on the napkin fool ya!
- And my second fave in this stash… the one that inspired this post: A high pigmented fuchsia glittery gloss by Lancome. It’s just everything. I’m not even into glitter like that but the color is so wildly vibrant and not your standard hot pink. Just try it. Look for no. 384.
There you have girlfriends! Some bona fide good, pretty, seductive and perfectly perfect pink lip options for now….and later.
Eat well, love unapologetically, pray with true intention, and take care of yourself.