In just 4 days, Sunday, Feb. 21st, Atlanta, Chicago, Los Angeles and Manhattan, 4 of the hottest US cities, will be hosting a simultaneous evening of culinary musings in a heart-felt effort to raise money for Haiti!
I’ve you’ve not heard or read about STIR IT 28, either on our Facebook page or our hard-core Twitter updates (#stirit28), then you’re missing out! In just 4 weeks, two other bloggers, Chrystal over at The Duo Dishes and Courtney at Coco Cooks, and myself have organized what we love to consider a phenomenal campaign to bring relief to the island that suffered a deadly earthquake, leaving 200 thousand souls, dead. This is our way of giving back: Through our craft of cooking and hopefully filling the gap of the basic essentials they are lacking.
Each city, having it’s own vibe and spirit will naturally celebrate in its own way! But, we all have the same energy and passion behind it, so the only thing left to do is get you to attend, wherever you are!! Online ticket sales are $30 in advance and close Sat. 2/20 at 6 pm EST. $40 at the door. To purchase tickets, simply click on the STIR IT 28 logo/image on my home page, top right-hand corner! It will direct you straight to PayPal to purchase one (1) ticket at a time.
ATLANTA, being filled with diverse art and food, will represent STIR IT in an indescribable way! As the host (wearing kick-ass L.A.M.B heels), I’m proud to entice you with some of the delicious tastings the chefs and bloggers will dish out this Sunday!
For a list of participating chefs, restaurants and food bloggers, please go here.
• Salmon chips with crème fraiche
• Dessert Bar (chocolate decadence, lemon drop shots, red velvet cake, & fortune cookies)
• Crawfish pasta
• Catfish croissants
• Buffalo meatballs
• Artisan home baked breads
• Shrimp Succotash
• Mediterranean Lamb w/lavash bread
• Cucumber yogurt and hummus
• Spanakopita with cole slaw
• Sushi bar
• Chicken Marabella (marinaded in olives, plums, garlic + olive oil)
• Roasted Vegetable Risotto Cakes
• Basil Chicken Rolls
• Lemon almond and traditional Cuban flans
• Cuban style garlicky meatloaf & other latin fusion delicacies
• Cupcake Station (Valrhona chocolate cupcakes with chocolate Swiss meringue frosting, triple vanilla cupcakes with vanilla butter cream frosting and cardamom-carrot cupcakes with citrus cream cheese frosting!)
• House smoked salmon slides with capers, red onion, dill crème fraiche, chive blinis, toast points and vanilla bean aioli
• Valrhona chocolate crusted lollipop lamb chops
AND MORE (believe it or not!!)
And if the food hasn’t convinced you, indulge in the following entertainment:
2 cash bars, serving up our “Stir It Up” signature espresso martini featuring MARLEY COFFEE!
Complimentary wine all evening by the phenomenal Montaluce Winery!
DJ Rev. Lee spinning hip-shaking tunes and free parking!
**Live performance by Soul/Rock Diva, Eva Kennedy!! This artist is absolutely amazing! Check her out at EvaKennedyMusic.com**
Purchase raffle tickets for just $1 and enter to win the following goodies:
* C.B. Herrera Jewelry (www.cbherrera.com)
* Incidentals by 3 Piece offers hand poured Ten Scent soy candles (www.3pieceonline.com)
* Marley Coffee “Stir It Up” Gourmet Beans (5 – 12oz bags) and apparel (www.marleycoffee.com)
* Celebrity Chef Daisy Martinez’s new unreleased book “Daisy: Morning, Noon & Night”
* Alan Richardson and Karen Tack, authors of “Hello Cupcake” donated their book, too!
I love to thank my sponsors: SPACE Atlanta, The People Brokers, SonnyNite Music, Dr. Jimmy Calloway, Word of Mouth ATL, ABC Publicity, Montaluce Winery, Marley Coffee, Whole Foods, RH Media Group, C.B. Herrera Designs, T3True Graphics, GraphicMail, Mark & Leah Photography, G-PAN, Eva Kennedy Music, all our participating chefs and bloggers and some generous friends of Bren Herrera Entertainment, Inc.!
Here’s the flyer for the event! SPREAD THE WORD OF THE ATL!
* Super special thanks to my web developer Joey Pender of the Producer’s Studio for his behind-the-scenes work, creating codes for logos, pertinent links, badges and maintaining this site in perfect order!
100% of ticket sales from all 4 cities, and month-long donations go directly to:
If you can’t attend any of of the 4 events, please consider donating in any amount! All you have to do is click on the PayPal General Donation button on the home page, right below the STIR IT 28 logo. We love you guys for your support! Especially all the bloggers that have blasted this out for us!
Eat well, love unapologetically, pray with true intention, and take care of yourself.